Labels:

Calamansi Marmalade


A friend gave me a bunch of calamansi fruits from her backyard and I quickly racked my brain on ways to utilize these lip-puckering fruits. Of course, calamansi juice first came to mind, but I wanted to be more creative. So I searched online, and decided to go with this - calamansi marmalade. I got the recipe here.

It was really good, and I love having it for breakfast with toast. In fact, I loved it so much that I bought two calamansi trees to plant in my backyard! :-) 


What you need: 

60 pieces calamansi
3 cups sugar
1 cup water


What to do: 

Rinse the fruits very well (since we are going to use the skin). Remove the tops and slice them across the middle horizontally (along the "equator"). 

Yay! Freshly bathed!

Using a boning knife, remove the seeds from the fruit halves. Coarsely chop the seeded fruit and place in a food processor. Pulse about 10 times, or until the fruit pieces are smaller but not pureed. 

This is a two-knife job!

In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine all the ingredients. Bring to a soft simmer while stirring to dissolve the sugar. Lower the heat and cook for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until the mixture thickens.


Remove from heat and let cool. Spoon in jars or airtight containers and store in the fridge.


Tips, Tricks and Tweaks: 

1. The peels add a hint of bitterness to it. If you don't like to include the peel in your recipe, add pectin to your mixture.
2. Make sure you remove all the seeds!
3. I used a boning knife to fish out the seeds in those hard to reach places. A small knife would do, too.



2 comments:

peachkins said...

I also made calamansi marmalade before but I used green calamansi.. Grabe, ako yata nakaubos ng 1 bote...

Calamansi Marmalade

anney said...

Gumawa si sis ng ganyan. Masarap nga yan. Ako gusto ko medyo mapait.

 
Not Just A Food Blog © 2012 | Designed by Canvas Art, in collaboration with Business Listings , Radio stations and Corporate Office Headquarters