Labels:

Poll: School Pizza

Since I started working in a school, I have been (re-)introduced to school lunches. Our school cafeteria actually serves good food like Chicken ala King, Beef Meatball soup, Chicken patties (oh yeah, the chicken patties are REALLY good), and of course, (drumroll please!) the perpetual pizza.

There are 2 kinds of pizza served in many schools - the first one is a rectangular cheese pizza, and the other is an octagon sausage pizza which they call "Fiestada" (some schools call it Mexican Pizza). I have to admit, I have yet to try the cheese kind so I can't say what they taste like. The kids seem to like it, though. As for the Fiestada, I tried it once and it was ok. Not my favorite, but for a school lunch, it was fairly tasty.

Cheese Pizza. Source

Fiesta Tostada Pizza. Source

Which school pizza do you like?

6 comments:

AIS said...

no variety in the cafeterias here in the philies! haha

♥peachkins♥ said...

Dati sa LaCo, pizzang-gala lang ang meron..heheh yung pizzang tig P5...Bumibili ako nun, dalawa pag recess...

anney said...

Ang sosyal naman ng mga pagkain sa school na yan. Palibhasa puro ako chichiria nung nag aaral pa. hahahha!

J said...

@Peach: yung cheese pizza ang katumbas ng pizzang gala dito hehehe.

@anney and dul: state-mandated yata ang mga cafeteria food dito... or meron silang sinusunod na menu.

Unknown said...

I remember this ugly pizza! oh im so glad im not in school anymore. But I did love "chicken ring" day. It was like onion rings but chicken instead! so good!

Anonymous said...

Guess what, I'm an American in 8th grade, I know I'm a little late, but, neither do we. My district has some of the worst schools in the nation, heck, last year we got new facilities we still have old equipment. New dog, old trick.

 
Not Just A Food Blog © 2012 | Designed by Canvas Art, in collaboration with Business Listings , Radio stations and Corporate Office Headquarters