Labels:

Salmon and Strawberry Salad


I was feeling a bit experimental one night and decided to have a salad with whatever was in my pantry/fridge. I ended up with this Salmon and Strawberry Salad, and I have to admit, it was pretty good. 

The salmon was just an afterthought, since I wanted to add protein to my salad. Some people might not like it, as it was a contrast to the tangy-sweet dressing, but I think it went well with the leafy greens (of course, I love salmon so I might be a bit biased).


What you need: 

Spring Mix veggies
Raspberry vinaigrette
1 tablespoon Almond Accents (honey roasted variety)
3 strawberries, hulled and sliced
1 pouch (3 oz) smoked salmon, shredded


What to do: 

Wash vegetables thoroughly and dry them in a salad spinner. Put desired amount on plate and drizzle with a tablespoon (or more) of raspberry vinaigrette.

Add shredded salmon and strawberries, then top with almonds. Enjoy!


Tips, Tricks and Tweaks: 

1. Don't like salmon? Try other protein like boiled chicken or shrimp.
2. Italian dressing will taste good too. I used Raspberry vinaigrette because it works well with honey-roasted almonds.

2 comments:

Rome Diwa said...

I love strawberry, kahit saan mo ilagay to kakainin ko! i missed blog hoping. besi kasi (dami shooting and guestings, artista?) heheheh.

anney said...

Yessssssssss ako din love ko strawberries! I'm sure magugustuhan ko yang salad na yan.

 
Not Just A Food Blog © 2012 | Designed by Canvas Art, in collaboration with Business Listings , Radio stations and Corporate Office Headquarters