Labels:

Sage Tea


This turned out to be quite a refreshing and enjoyable drink - surprisingly. I harvested some leaves from my sage plant and decided to brew it to make herbal tea. I figured I didn't need caffeine so the sage would do (instead of my usual green tea brew).

Wow. It was amazing. I was dreading drinking it (even with the addition of lemon), but had I known that it would taste that fantastic, I wouldn't have let it sit in the fridge for a day. 

And the health benefits are phenomenal - this website lists down some of them as: an agent in fighting liver and kidney troubles, fights colds and sore throat, can be used for pains in the joints - among other things.

I would definitely brew some again soon. And maybe try other herbs in my garden. Thyme tea, perhaps? 

Simple ingredients. And my favorite zester. ;-)

What you need:

1/4 oz (about 23 leaves) fresh Sage
1 tablespoon honey
zest of half a lemon
juice of half a lemon
2 cups water


What to do:

In a pot over medium heat, bring water to a boil. Add the rest of the ingredients and lower heat to a simmer. Allow to steep for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. 

Strain out the leaves and transfer to a container. Refrigerate for at least an hour. Serve.


Tips, Tricks and Tweaks:

1. Add or reduce the amount of lemon juice according to your preference.
2. Too tangy for you? Add sugar.
3. Don't add honey if the drink is already cold - honey doesn't do well with cold drinks.
4. You can also serve this drink hot.

0 comments:

 
Not Just A Food Blog © 2012 | Designed by Canvas Art, in collaboration with Business Listings , Radio stations and Corporate Office Headquarters