Labels:

Thanksgiving 2012

For our Thanksgiving bulletin board, I created a turkey (yes, I made that turkey from scratch so please pardon the skewed measurements) and had the kids do "something" with the turkey feathers.


I had them write things they are thankful for on a piece of colored construction paper that would later on become the feathers.

We enjoyed reading their answers, as some are quite amusing (no surprise here, they are Kindergarteners) - thankful for their toys, their pets, one even said he is thankful for the holidays. 

Of course, most are thankful for their parents, their families and friends, their school, their health, and all those wonderful answers. Several said they are thankful to God for making everything and for loving us, but one said "I am thankful that Jesus died on the cross for our sins."

Such a poignant thought for a young girl, one that evoked emotions and pride, knowing that our works (as teachers) weren't for naught, and our words didn't fall on deaf ears. It kind of reminded me of the Parable of the Sower (Luke 8:4-15). I went home happier than usual that day. :-)

Anyway, lately some moms in our class have been bringing in adorable goodies (thanks to Pinterest!) to the delight of the kids. Here are some:

Oreo Turkey

Cute Teepee Cones! (Pardon the paper clip on the background haha)

And of course, in the spirit of Thanksgiving, I would like to say that I am thankful to a lot of people (you know who y'all are), for the impact you have in my life and for all that you do. 

Thank you to my readers, my commenters, my followers, and those people that continually read all these things that I write;

And to echo my student - thank you Jesus for dying on the cross for us and redeeming us. There is truly no greater love.

6 comments:

Rome Diwa said...

Indeed! Glory be to God. Happy Thanksgiving to you and to your family! those are really Cute Teepee Cones!

peachkins said...

Ang cute kaya ng turkey! What a fun activity for the kids!!

Love the teepees!

anney said...

Nakakatuwa namn yung mga sinulat ng mga students mo! Ang cute ng Oreo turkey!

J said...

@Rome, Peach and Anney: Thanks sa inyong lahat! Happy Thanksgiving!

Dennis said...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING my friend.....ano mga handa mo? share mo naman ...hehehe

J said...

@Kuya Dennis: Nakikain lang po kami sa in-laws ko hehehe.

 
Not Just A Food Blog © 2012 | Designed by Canvas Art, in collaboration with Business Listings , Radio stations and Corporate Office Headquarters